The first cold day of the season, Arturo was out doing chores for us and the neighbor. So I decided I would whip up a comforting warm soup to help warm him up when he got home and this is what it ended up being. Now it is a favorite in our house! Super easy and I usually have most all of the ingredients on hand.
What “doing chores” means.
When I say do chores, what I mean is feed and care for the animals. This consist of feeding, putting out hay and breaking ice on water tanks if it is frozen. Arturo does this every single day no matter what the weather is doing. No snow days for ranchers…in fact Arturo works even harder on a snow day to make sure all of the critters on our place are comfortable. Yesterday evening we all bundled up and went out with him to unroll some more hay for the heifers to have a cozy spot to sleep last with windchills making it feel like -9!
Easy Potato Vegetable Beef Soup
1 lb Ground beef
2 Carrots, peeled and diced
1 Onion, diced
2 Potatoes, peeled and diced
1 Garlic clove
1 10 oz can of Rotel tomatoes
1 Beef bullion cube
1 cup of water
Salt and Pepper
Brown your ground beef in a heavy stock pot on medium heat. Once your meat is browned season with salt and pepper. Then add your carrots, potatoes, onion and garlic to soften, stirring often. Add Rotel tomatoes, water and bullion cube. Let simmer for 45 min to an hour until the potatoes and carrots are soft and tender.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic glove
- 1 10 oz can of hotel tomatoes
- 1 beef bullion cube
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Brown your ground beef in a heavy stock pot on medium heat.
- Once your meat is browned season with salt and pepper.
- Then add your carrots, potatoes, onion and garlic to soften, stirring often.
- Add Rotel tomatoes, water and bullion cube.
- Let simmer for 45 min to an hour until the potatoes and carrots are soft and tender.