This is the best taco seasoning recipe. It is super easy and is even better than the package taco seasoning you buy at the store. When you make your own seasoning, you get to control the amount of kick and sodium!
Tips for Making your own Taco Seasoning
- This seasoning can be used for any type of protein; however, beef belongs in a taco.
- It is important to brown the flour, before you add your water.
- You could blend these spices together, to have it on hand or you could just add them to your browned meat as you make your tacos.
Classic Sides to go with Tacos
Red chili powder
Salt and Pepper
How to Season your Ground Beef with this Taco Seasoning
Begin by browning your ground beef.
Add the flour to the cooked beef and cook for 1-2 minutes. Then add all of your spices and combine. Add 1 cup of water and let simmer to reduce.
Serve in a crispy shell, soft shell, or on top of chips for nachos! Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp flour
- Begin by browning your ground beef.
- Add the flour to the cooked beef and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add all of your spices and combine. Add 1 cup of water and let simmer to reduce.