This super easy dish is a crowd favorite at our house. The Baked Beef Roast Taquitos will fill the bellies of little and big cowboys and are a great way to use up leftover roast. Give these delicious baked taquitos a try!
Tips for making the Baked Beef Taquitos
- We love a good chuck roast, but you can use any beef roast you have on hand.
- If you have cheese sticks on hand, use them instead of taking the time to grate cheese. It works best if you cut the cheese stick in half.
- It is important that you don’t skip the step of softening the tortilla in the skillet. If not, it will crack and break when you try to roll it.
- You could use the same idea but replace the roast with leftover steak or even ground beef.
- We like to serve our Baked Beef Roast Taquitos with our Classic Pinto Beans and Spanish Cauliflower “Rice”.
History of the Baked Beef Roast Taquitos
We started making these taquitos when we lived in our tiny house in town before we had little cowboys. We would cook a roast, using our Classic Pot Roast recipe and because it was just Arturo and I, we would have a ton of leftovers. So, we would make a hot beef sandwich with the leftovers and then these Baked Beef Roast Taquitos.
Cooked Beef Roast, Shredded
How to make the Bake Beef Roast Taquitos
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Prepare your tortillas by drizzling olive oil on them, coating both sides. Then put them in a hot skillet for a minute or two on each side to warm them.
Place the cooked shredded roast and cheese in the warmed tortilla
Roll and place the seam side down on a lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Enjoy with your favorite salsa!
Baked Beef Roast Taquitos
- Corn Tortillas
- Cooked Beef Roast shredded
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare your tortillas by drizzling olive oil on them, coating both sides. Then put them in a hot skillet for a minute or two on each side to warm them.
- Place the cooked shredded roast and cheese in the warmed tortilla
- Roll and place the seam side down on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.