Are you looking for a fast and easy, but delish summer meal? Our grilled Flat Iron served with our Chimichurri sauce is the ticket! It is fast and refreshing! We love to serve Chimichurri Sauce and Flat Iron Steaks!
This meal uses a cut of beef that is not as well known as such as a Ribeye, but it is one of my favorites…it is the Flat Iron. This steak is cut out of the chuck and is super tender. It is a thinner cut steak and is best when cooked medium rare. We love to serve it topped with our chimichurri sauce! I am sharing our Chimichurri Sauce recipe below, but first let’s dive into what is a flat iorn and how to cook it.
Yes!! It is a favorite cut of ours as it is extremely tender, well marbled and flavorful and great for grilling!
What is Flat Iron Steak best for?
A flat iron is a versatile steak that can be cooked by serveal methods. We prefer to grill ours, however it works great in a cast iron skillet on the stove top!
Should I tenderize the Flat Iron before cooking it?
In our expericne there is no need to tenderize this cut. If cooked medium rare it will be super tender and flavorful on it’s own.
How many Flat Iron steaks does a cow have?
There are four steaks cut from the chuck from each beef.
We love to serve it topped with our chimichurri sauce! This suacue is a perfect pairing for this steak or others. It is super easy to make and keeps in the fridge for muliply ueses!
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley stemmed
- 1 small head of garlic broke into cloves and peeled (8-10)
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar or more to taste
- 1 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp hot red pepper flakes or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and combine. Serve over a medium-rare flat iron or any steak and enjoy!
We have shared our tips on how to grill the perfect steak HERE!