The Beef Biscuit Breakfast Strata is a great option to serve for brunch or for an easy Sunday breakfast! It provides great flavors with the richness of beef and spinach. This Beef Biscuit Breakfast Strata is not only delicious but is super easy to make and pairs well with a fun brunch cocktail!
What is a Strata?
Strata is a family of layered casserole dishes in American cuisine. The most common modern variant is a brunch dish, made from a mixture which mainly consists of bread, eggs and cheese. It may also include meat or vegetables
What cocktail pairs well with the Beef Biscuit Breakfast Strata for brunch?
Well of course the Boot Hill Distillery’s Vodka Basil Lemonade Cocktail in a Can! This drink is a perfect pair for our delicious brunch dish as the basil and lemonade pair nicely with the beef and sourdough biscuits.
You can get Vodka Basil Lemonade cans at liquor stores across Kansas or online here!
Can you make a strata ahead of time?
Yes, this dish can be made ahead of time. It will last up to 24 hours in the refrigerator before baking. Simply cover it and pop it into the fridge.
1 lbs of Pacheco Beef Ground Beef, seasoned with Beef Breakfast Sausage
8 sourdough biscuits
1 bag of spinach
1 onion, sliced and caramelized
1 cup of grated white cheddar cheese
8 eggs, beaten
Begin by browning the ground beef and season as Beef Breakfast Sausage. Caramelize the onions and sauté the spinach down.
Cut the biscuits into quarters and layer in the bottom of the casserole dish or cast iron skillet.
Then add the ground beef,
spinach, and onions
Pour over the eggs beaten with the milk and top with the grated cheese.
Bake at 450 for 30-45 minutes.
Beef Biscuit Breakfast Strata
- 1 lb ground beef Seasoned as Beef Breakfast Sausage
- 8 sourdough biscuits
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 onion sliced and caramelized
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Begin by browning the ground beef and season as Beef Breakfast Sausage. Caramelize the onions and sauté the spinach down.
- Cut the biscuits into quarters and layer in the bottom of the casserole dish or cast-iron skillet. Then add the ground beef, spinach, and onions. Pour over the beaten eggs and milk and top with the grated cheese.
Beef Breakfast Sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage (we used fresh sage, but will be using dried for the future for convince)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Combine Ground Beef and seasonings in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. To prepare crumbles, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sausage mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Cook's Tip: Two to 2-1/2 cups fully cooked sausage crumbles can be frozen for 3 to 4 months. To use, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add frozen crumbles and cook 6 to 9 minutes or until crumbles reach 165°F, stirring occasionally.